trendynewstoday.com is your trusted news, entertainment, sports-oriented site. We give you the latest breaking news and chronicles from wherever all throughout the world.

Attorney general nominee William Barr appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee for high-stakes confirmation hearings

Barr also pledged to protect the Mueller probe, pre-emptively addressing concerns from some Senators.

“I believe it is in the best interest of everyone – the President, Congress, and, most importantly, the American people – that this matter be resolved by allowing the Special Counsel to complete his work,” Barr said. “On my watch, Bob will be allowed to finish his work.”

Barr broke with Trump in saying, “I don’t believe Mr. Mueller would be involved in a witch hunt,” a term Trump frequently used to decry the probe.

He also addressed the controversial memo he sent to the DOJ.

“As I explained in a recent letter to Ranking Member Feinstein, my memo was narrow in scope, explaining my thinking on a specific obstruction-of-justice theory under a single statute that I thought, based on media reports, the Special Counsel might be considering,” he explained.

“The memo did not address – or in any way question – the Special Counsel’s core investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.”

Read More



from Trendy News Today http://bit.ly/2FyG3wK
via IFTTT
0 Comments